- Targeted audience
- Angewandte Informatik Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
- Komedia Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
- ISE Master with 3+1 hours per week and 6 credit points
As usual, you have to
register at the Prüfungsamt for the exams. Normally,
you have to do nothing else!
schedule your exam during the period specified above. The personal appointments for the oral
exams will be announced at our Web site after the end of the
Only if (and only then!!!) you are not available on single days of the examination period, please send an email to our secretary Fr. Ufermann. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Do not mail us earlier than 4 weeks before, and no
later than 2 weeks before the exam period.
Most likely, exams will only take place from Tuesday-Thursday, so requests for Monday or Friday cannot be considered.
You should be available full-day on at least one of these three days - in case you are available for a half day only, we will try our best.
In case you registered for 2 exams, both will be held together.
In case you are not at all available in the above period, we will
try to find a separate exam date for you. Only in this case,
send an email directly to
Prof. Fuhr, but not before January 15.
Emails not following the rules from above will not be answered
(like those saying 'Please give me an appointment for my exam in
...', or emails not originating from an uni-due.de mail account)
- Extended Models: Propositional logic, predicate logic, ontologies
- Search User Interfaces: Query Specification, Presentation of Search Results, Query Reformulation, Supporting the Search Process, Designing the Search Process
- IR tasks: Diversity Search, Opinion Retrieval, Contextual Search, Social Media IR, Cross-Language IR, Classification, Clustering
- Implementation of IR Systems: Architecture, data structures, algorithms
Literature on specific topics
For copyright reasons, some of the slides are accessible from
within the universitry network only!
Topics in parentheses are not relevant for the exam!