- From 1. 1. 2000 until 30. 06. 2003
- Contact Persons:
- Involved Persons:
- Costantino Thanos, IEI-CNR (Project leader)
- Sponsored by:
- EU - 5FP
- Participating Institutions:
The DELOS NoE will carry out a broad range of interrelated activities organized under Forums. Each Forum is structured according to the Workpackage-Task hierarchy. All the activities will be open to the European DL research world and the relevant application communities (electronic publishing, libraries, cultural heritage, archives, etc.).
- Digital Library Research Forum. Aimed at stimulating the
advancement of DL-related research and encouraging scientific
collaboration between European teams working in this domain through
the organization of:
- thematic workshops,
- European conferences on Digital Libraries,
- an international research exchange programme.
- Digital Library Evaluation Forum. DL evaluation implies defining new metrics for components and new combinations of components in order to measure performance aspects related to DL interoperability, metadata and resource discovery, multilingual access, etc. DELOS will promote the building and operation of publicly available reusable evaluation infrastructures:
- Standardization Forum. WGs will be set up to
- examine specific clusters of relevant standards;
- disseminate the results through workshop proceedings, reports, Web-based observatories, etc.
- Dissemination and Technology Transfer Forum. Aimed at
demonstrating the effectiveness and benefits of DL
technologies within European industrial/commercial
environments. The NoE will undertake the following take-up
- trial fields.
- Claus-Peter Klas; Sascha Kriewel; Norbert Fuhr (2007).
- An Experimental Framework for Interactive Information Retrieval and Digital Libraries Evaluation. In: DELOS Conference on Digital Libraries. , Tirrenia, Pisa (Italy).
- Claus-Peter Klas; Norbert Fuhr; Sascha Kriewel; Hanne Albrechtsen; Giannis Tsakonas; Sarantos Kapidakis; Christos Papatheodorou; Preben Hansen; Laszlo Kovacs; Andras Micsik; Elin Jacob (2006).
- An experimental framework for comparative digital library evaluation: the logging scheme. In: JCDL '06: Proceedings of the 6th ACM/IEEE-CS joint conference on Digital libraries. ACM Press, New York, NY, USA.
- Claus-Peter Klas; Hanne Albrechtsen; Norbert Fuhr; Preben Hansen; Sarantos Kapidakis; László Kovács; Sascha Kriewel; András Micsik; Christos Papatheodorou; Giannis Tsakonas; Elin Jacob (2006).
- A Logging Scheme for Comparative Digital Library Evaluation.. In Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries. Proc. of the 10th European Conference on Digital Libraries (ECDL 2006)
- Norbert Fuhr; Mounia Lalmas; Saadia Malik (eds.) (2004).
- INitiative for the Evaluation of XML Retrieval (INEX). Proceedings of the Second INEX Workshop. Dagstuhl, Germany, December 15--17, 2003.