PIRE is a flexible, extensible IR engine which is based on the combination of logics and probability theory. As part of our java-unidu project, it is available under an open source licence (Apache Licence 2.0), which allows easy integration into other projects.
PIRE has a public mailing list for discussing everything about PIRE and advertising new releases.
The publications listed below give an insight into PIRE. The ECIR 2005 paper is a shorter version of the technical report. The latter does not only explain the theoretical background but also the code in detail. In addition, also a HTML version of the implementation-specific parts of the technical reports is available.
Examples of PIRE are included in the de.unidu.is.retrieval.pire.examples package.
- H. Nottelmann (2005).
- PIRE: An extensible IR engine based on probabilistic Datalog. In 27th European Conference on Information Retrieval Research (ECIR 2005)
- Henrik Nottelmann (2005).
- Inside PIRE: An extensible, open-source IR engine based on probabilistic logics. Technischer Bericht, University of Duisburg-Essen
- H. Nottelmann; N. Fuhr (2003).
- From uncertain inference to probability of relevance for advanced IR applications. In 25th European Conference on Information Retrieval Research (ECIR 2003)
Diplom-, Master- und Bachelorarbeiten
- Information Retrieval im Semantic Web
- Abgeschlossene Diplomarbeit
- PIRE in java-unidu
- PIRE version is included in the latest java-unidu release.